As the responsible organization for the Tree of Peace project, non-governmental association Servare et Manere can recognise important personalities who treasure peace, freedom and mutual understanding and acknowledge the importance of initiatives which serve to enhance the welfare of everyone in society. Servare et Manere honors all those who have made a special contribution to the promotion of idea of understanding between people uniting of nations and preservation of nature. There are currently three awards:
- The Tree of Peace Memorial Plaque
- The Memorial Medal of Tree of Peace
- The Friend of Peace
Tree of Peace Memorial Plaque
Non-governmental association Servare et Manere expresses the highest gratitude by awarding a Tree of Peace Memorial Plaque, which may be granted to the Heads of the states, who are personally involved in planting, or people and governmental or non-governmental organizations who have made a special contribution to spreading ideas of understanding and union among nations, as well as have made a major contribution to the spreading and implementation of the project. This award cannot be given in memoriam and a number of laureates is limited to 20 people including organizations. Laureates are included in a special register. The award was established on December 1, 2019. The Tree of Peace Memorial Plaque can be awarded at any time. The Plaque is struck from copper, its diameter is 100 mm and on the obverse is the embossed year of establishment of the award: 2019. Post-nominal initials placed after a laureate’s name: MPTP.
List of Laureates
- Mrs. Zuzana Čaputová, President of the Slovak Republic. Plaque № 001 (Brookwood Military Cemetery. December 4, 2019).
- Mr. Ľubomír Rehák, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Slovak Republic to the Court of St. James´s in London. Plaque № 002 (St Michael’s Abbey in Farnborough. December 4, 2019).
- Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark. Plaque № 003 (Awarded on April 16, 2020. The Plaque on behalf of Servare et Manere was handed over in the Yellow Palace – Det Gule Palæ – on September 29, 2020 to hands of Mr. Henning Fode, Private Secretary of Her Majesty the Queen by His Excellency Mr. Miroslav Wlachovský, the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic to the Kingdom of Denmark).
Memorial Medal of Tree of Peace
Servare et Manere expresses the gratitude by awarding a Memorial Medal of Tree of Peace, which may be granted to personalities, who are personally involved in planting, or people and governmental or non-governmental organizations who have made a contribution to spreading ideas of understanding and union among nations, as well as have made a contribution to the spreading and implementation of the project. This award is also given for significant environmental merits leading to sustainable development of human society and use of natural resources. It is the only and at the same time the highest award that can also be awarded in memoriam. The number of laureates is limited to 60 people including organizations. Laureates are included in a special register. The award was established on January 1, 2020. The Memorial Medal of the Tree of Peace is awarded usually on 28 September, on the anniversary of the establishment of the project, or in exceptional cases. The Medal is struck from copper and its diameter is 40 mm and the ribbon is 38 mm wide. The award is divided into men’s and women’s variant. The laureate can be awarded by the Medal in a Special class with rubies for an exceptional merit. Post-nominal initials placed after a laureate’s name: MMTP.
- Mr. Ross P. Marine, Honorary Consul of the Slovak Republic to the Midwest USA, Kansas City. Medal № 001 (September 28, 2020).
- His Highness †Joachim Ernst, Duke of Anhalt (11 January 1901 – 18 February 1947), in memoriam. Medal № 002 in a Special class with rubies (January 11, 2021).
Friend of Peace
Friend of Peace is an honorary title and honourable mention of Servare et Manere. By receiving this title and award, personalities express a formal support for the international project the Tree of Peace in the country of their birth. This honour may also be associated with exclusive Patronage over the Project in a particular country. Good ideas and projects need the support of strong friends. The number of laureates is not limited. Laureates are included in a special register. The Friend of Peace is intended only for living persons and cannot be granted to an organization. This honourable mention and title was established on January 1, 2020.
List of Laureates
- Mrs. Dagmar Havlová Veškrnová, former First Lady of the Czech Republic, actress and founder of the VIZE 97 Foundation. Madam Havlová is also the Patron of the project for the Czech Republic (2020).
- HI & RH Markus Habsburg-Lothringen, great-grandson of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria and a member of the Tuscan line of the House of Habsburg (2020).
- Her Majesty Empress Farah Pahlavi, Shahbanou of Iran (2020).
- His Eminence Soane Patita Paini Cardinal Mafi, Bishop of Tonga. Cardinal Mafi is also the Representative of the project for Tonga (2020).
- His Majesty King Simeon II of the Bulgarians (July 7, 2020).
- His Majesty Kiingi Tuheitia Pootatau Te Wherowhero VII, the current Maaori King in New Zealand (September 30, 2020).
- His Excellency Sir Iakoba Taeia Italeli CMT, GCMG, former Governor-General of Tuvalu (October 8, 2020).